Saturday, May 16, 2009

Twyford (April) and Our flat

Stephanie: In early April, we took a country walk to Twyford, a small village three miles from Winchester.  The English countryside is so beautiful!  I wish I could take it home with me. Check out the slide show for some pictures.  
It was supposed to be warming up but recently the weather has been a bit gloomy (although that makes it easier for me to stay inside and work).  People think I'm crazy since I actually like and defend the weather here.  For me, it's a refreshing change from the Austin heat.

Here's a bit about our flat:  It's an old church (not sure how old but guessing 1800s) that was converted a few years ago into eleven units.  A few people live here permanently but most rent.
Ours is a one bedroom with a living room, study nook, kitchen and bathroom.
It's very modern and we feel very fortunate to live here.  No complaints except that we do miss not having a garbage disposal (though most people don't seem to have them here anyway) and a yard, especially since grilling season is coming up!  

The location is perfect, especially since we don't have a car.  Downtown is a two minute walk and the university is about a      twelve minute walk.

No comments: